All outputs resulting from the analysis of linked data must be submitted to the Data Linkage Branch (DLB) for Data Custodian review. This includes all outputs regardless of format. e.g. Conference abstracts, posters, presentations, manuscripts and student theses. Please allow two weeks (10 business days) for this review, or possibly longer if the output is very long (e.g. a student thesis).
The review focusses on:
- Whether the output complies with the aims that have been approved by the Department of Health Human Research Ethics Committee
- An assessment of disclosure control risks that might compromise privacy, such as tables that report small numbers
- Data issues that might impact the interpretation of results, such as its quality, scope and changes over time (e.g., modifications to disease or procedure coding practices)
- Terminology and descriptions about the data collections and linkage methods underpinning the method and results of the output
- Appropriate acknowledgements of Data Collections and DLB